Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (3)


The Vinyl Princess by Yvonne Prinz
( Release Date: December 22)

"With a summer job at Bob & Bob Records in Berkeley, California, teen music junkie Allie is ready for anything. She’s poised to fall in love, catch a thief, and make a mix that’ll break your heart. And when she blogs as The Vinyl Princess, Allie is the sort of mystery girl you can’t resist tuning into. Get ready for the vinyl revolution!" Summary Courtesy of Goodreads

This looks awesome. Well it's about music, what more could you want? I love the cover, too, it looks really neat. Anyway, can't wait for Decemeber to get this book!



A Golden Web by Barbara Quick
(Release Date: April 6, 2010)

"Alessandra is desperate to escape—from her stepmother, who’s locked her away for a year; from the cloister that awaits her if she refuses the marriage plans that have been made for her; from the expectations that limit her and every other girl in fourteenth-century Italy. There’s no tolerance in her village for her keen intelligence and her unconventional ideas. In defiant pursuit of her dreams, Alessandra undertakes an audacious quest, her bravery equaled only by the dangers she faces. Disguised and alone in a city of spies and scholars, Alessandra will find a love she could not foresee—and an enduring fame." Summary Courtesy of Goodreads

I love historical fiction! This one looks amazing. Can't wait to read this!

Those are my WOWs for the week. What are yours?

6 comments:

  1. Both of these books look great! I love it when music is used in books. I don't really like the cover of A Golden Web, but then I'm really picky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Vinyl Princess looks great and the cover IS extremely cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great choices! I love the cover for The Vinyl Princess, it definitely draws the eye. I'm also a fan of historical fiction, so I'll definitely have to pick up a copy of A Golden Web.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of those are on my wishlist. They both sound great. Great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your reviews, they are really good, and the books sound great. I'm new to blogging, and I would love it if you could answer a question I have for my blog. that would be great. There might be a contest but im not sure. we'll just see. :) x.
    http://sorrowfulgoodbyes.blogspot.com/2009/08/around-readers.html

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, so feel free to leave your thoughts :)