Thursday, August 13, 2009

Rating System & Review Policy

Okay, well I finally decided to do one of these since I've just started getting books in the mail for review and it's always interesting to me to see other people's rating systems. So...

Review Policy:

Books I'm Willing To Review: I'll read pretty much anything that's young adult fiction. I especially love fantasy, historical fiction, & realistic fiction. E-mail me with a little bit about the book and I'll see what I think, but I'm not that picky about books, so you'll most likely get a reply with my address that same day. If you have a book that's non fiction e-mail me and if it looks interesting I'll give it a shot. I accept ARCs and books already on the shelves. I do not accept eBooks or self published books.

Reviews: If it is an ARC I'll most likely write my review between the month before it comes out and it's release date. If you have a specific day you want me to post the review just let me know. I'll be honest in my reviews, if I don't like it I'll say so. If I accept a book for review you can guarantee I'll review it, but it will be honest. I rarely find a book I don't like, but when I do I will share the points I didn't like, but will also share the positive points I liked, even if it's just the cover.
Also, my reviews are also posted on the following sites:

Interviews, Contests, Etc: I would love to hold a contest for some of your books, swag, etc. You can send it to me and I'll mail it to the winner or you could send it yourself. I'd also love to have an interview with you or guest blog, e-mail me if you're interested.

Rating System:

My reviews consist of a few paragraphs ending with a rating out of 5 stars.

Contact: kelseythebookscout@gmail.com

6 comments:

  1. I love your blog, it's very fun an colorful. Happy reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to do one of these two. Not just a sidebar but an actual post that my sidebar links to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review policy. I've been umming adn ahhing for a while about whether I should do book ratings or not. I can't decide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your rating system- and commend you for finish one star books.

    Seahn

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, so feel free to leave your thoughts :)