Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: My Summer TBR List


Book 1: MY DEAR HAMILTON by Stephanie Dray & Laura Kamoie - I recently read AMERICA's FIRST DAUGHTER and loved getting immersed into the world of Patsy and Thomas Jefferson. In August I am going to see Hamilton in Washington, DC so I figure I should get as much background on the famous man and his family as I can! 

Book 2: WHAT ALICE FORGOT by Liane Moriarty - I've really enjoyed the books by Liane Moriarty that I've read so far. At a used bookstore recently I was able to pick this one up and it seems like the perfect book to read by the pool. 

Book 3: THE GREAT ALONE by Kristin Hannah - THE NIGHTINGALE was one of my recent favorites, so I am excited to purchase this one for my summer TBR pile. I haven't read too many books about Alaska (if any?) so this should be interesting.

Book 4: TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN by John Green - I am definitely slow to get to this one, but I recently ordered it from Barnes and Noble and am eager to dive into it this week or next. I am not an avid John Green reader, I have only read LOOKING FOR ALASKA and THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, but that isn't by choice, I just have so much in my TBR pile I haven't gotten through all of his. Hopefully TURTLES ALL THE WAY DOWN lives up to the positive reviews I've been seeing.

Book 5: THE DEATH OF MRS. WESTAWAY by Ruth Ware - Ruth Ware's previous releases have all sounded right up my alley, I love dark and mysterious thrillers. I've only read one, THE WOMAN IN CABIN TEN, and while the book had a lot of promise I was ultimately let down by it. Still, I'm always up for giving an author a second chance and this sounds like the perfect creepy summer read.

Book 6: IT by Stephen King - Ever since watching the new IT movie several months back, I have been eager to tackle this huge book. Not only because the movie only covered part of the story, but because I really need to read more Stephen King! I've only read CARRIE so far, so this summer seems like the perfect time to start working my way through this huge classic.


Book 7: SAVE THE DATE by Morgan Matson - I adored AMY AND ROGER'S EPIC DETOUR and this one seems like another one I would enjoy. Family shenanigans and weddings, perfect for the summer! I haven't picked this one up yet, but plan on it next time I visit the bookstore.

Book 8: FORCE OF NATURE by Jane Harper - I was a big fan of THE DRY, the first book in the Aaron Falk series, so I definitely need to read this one. THE DRY was a unique and exciting thriller and while this one looks completely different plot wise, I am eager to see what's next for Aaron.

Book 9: THE SUMMER WIVES by Beatriz Williams - Beatriz Williams writes very enjoyable historical fiction and they are usually dramatic, romantic, and fast paced. Plus, the title definitely screams summer. I've read two of Beatriz's previous books and have several others on my TBR pile.

Book 10: THE HIGH SEASON by Judy Blundell - The Goodreads summary calls this one "the ultimate summer read". I remember liking her young adult novel WHAT I SAW AND HOW I LIED, so I am eager to try one of her adult books. I also have not purchased this one yet, but it seems perfect to read while it's boiling hot outside and I don't necessarily want something super heavy.

*****

What books are you looking forward to reading this summer?

Top Ten Tuesday Is Hosted By: The Artsy Reader Girl 

6 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of you going to see Hamilton! I'm hoping I might be able to talk my parents into getting me tickets for the London show when I graduate next June!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/06/19/top-ten-tuesday-164/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I hope you get to! I'm excited to finally get to see it. :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you love all your summer reads! I’ve read IT and Turtles and liked them both. I’m on a waitlist for The Great Alone. I should get it in a few weeks.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you enjoyed IT and TURLES ALL THE WAY DOWN! I hope to get to them in the next few weeks.

      Delete
  3. Save the Date is on my tbr and hope to get to it during my vacation.

    https://lifebyjia.se

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! Looks perfect for a vacation read.

      Delete

I love getting comments, so feel free to leave your thoughts :)