Monday, June 4, 2018

Four Years Later

I honestly have been thinking and deciding if I wanted to come back onto this blog after all these years. I've recently been working hard to get back into reading for pleasure after the last four years of college craziness. I started college in August 2013 and quickly realized the challenge of balancing a liberal arts degree with pleasurable reading. I graduated with my bachelor's degree in Political Science (focusing on international relations) and minors in anthropology and sustainability in December 2016. I have now started my first job in Washington, DC. I love this city and am working on adjusting to the 9-5 lifestyle. Luckily, with daily metro commutes and a sunny backyard I have been reading tons more lately. DC is also home to some excellent used and independent bookstores. I plan on doing a post about those soon!

As dedicated as I was to the Book Scout throughout high school, I am hoping to post reviews on a variety of different books when I can. Work keeps me busy, but I enjoyed posting on here so much and want to share my thoughts on some of the fantastic (and not so fantastic) books I've been reading these past few months. I still read young adult, but I also have been enjoying nonfiction, thrillers, and classics. Some of my favorite recent reads: America's First Daughter by Stephanie Dray & Laura Kamoie, A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman, Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder, and The Gatekeepers by Chris Whipple. I also finally finished the Divergent series and was super disappointed in how that played out!

I'm not sure if anyone is still reading here, but I would love to reconnect with fellow readers. I hope to start posting reviews soon. I have been fairly active on Goodreads, so please check out my account to see what I've been reading the last few months.


3 comments:

  1. I'm here! I was also struggling to read/post on my blog between two jobs and life in general, but I've been thinking about coming back for quite a while now. I just want to make this part of my life again! So glad we're in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like you have a busy schedule, too! I just followed you so I'll be able to keep up with your posts :)

      Delete

I love getting comments, so feel free to leave your thoughts :)