Sunday, March 25, 2012

Movie Review: The Hunger Games


I went to see The Hunger Games at midnight and was not disappointed! It completely lived up to my expectations and everything was just wonderful. From the casting to the action to the camera angles, I loved everything about the film and am already counting down the days until Catching Fire is released.

I saw it at midnight with one of my close friends and the crowd was great. Everyone was excited and it was a great experience to see the movie for the first rime with such a lively group. I reread the book a couple of days before seeing the movie so I was able to pick out all the differences, of which there were very few and nothing too significant.

Highlights:


- Jennifer Lawrence was beyond amazing and she did a fabulous job portraying Katniss. I can't imagine anyone better.

- I really liked getting the "behind the scenes" look at what was going on in the Capitol during the games. It put things in perspective and added a nice twist to the story.

- I was worried about Josh Hutcherson but he did an awesome job as Peeta. I might even have a small crush on him now, he was that good.

- Rue's death and the Reaping were so emotional and two of the best parts in the whole movie.

- Stanley Tucci. That is all.

There were so many wonderful parts to The Hunger Games movie and I can't begin to tell you how much I loved it. Of course I had a few minor complaints, but, overall, I loved it and have already seen it again.

8 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so excited at all of the positive reviews the movie is getting. I had really low expectations (especially with that PG-13 rating), but I have hope now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stanley Tucci was awesome
    I didn't really like the movie - I gave it a C - but it had it's good moments. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stanley Tucci was amazing! I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it more :(

      Delete
  3. I loved the movie. They really did a fabulous job and really stuck with the story.

    I absolutely agree that the Rue and Reaping scenes were the most emotional but also the best. I'm not going to lie, I got a little teary-eyed, lol. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a wonderful movie! I got teary-eyed several times as well (:

      Delete
  4. I still haven't seen this movie! *sobs* I keep hearing what an amazing job Jennifer does playing Katniss. I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you see it soon- such a wonderful movie!

      Delete

I love getting comments, so feel free to leave your thoughts :)