Sunday, March 25, 2012
Movie Review: The Hunger Games
I saw it at midnight with one of my close friends and the crowd was great. Everyone was excited and it was a great experience to see the movie for the first rime with such a lively group. I reread the book a couple of days before seeing the movie so I was able to pick out all the differences, of which there were very few and nothing too significant.
- Jennifer Lawrence was beyond amazing and she did a fabulous job portraying Katniss. I can't imagine anyone better.
- I really liked getting the "behind the scenes" look at what was going on in the Capitol during the games. It put things in perspective and added a nice twist to the story.
- I was worried about Josh Hutcherson but he did an awesome job as Peeta. I might even have a small crush on him now, he was that good.
- Rue's death and the Reaping were so emotional and two of the best parts in the whole movie.
- Stanley Tucci. That is all.
There were so many wonderful parts to The Hunger Games movie and I can't begin to tell you how much I loved it. Of course I had a few minor complaints, but, overall, I loved it and have already seen it again.