1. Were any of your characters inspired by people you know in real life? Do you relate to them in any way?
There’s a little of me, my daughters, teenagers I’ve met either in my church or at one of the schools I’ve visited, in each of the Mystyx characters. But in each of them there is an emotion or a situation that I myself remember feeling at one time when I was younger, so yes, I can totally relate to them.
2. Your character names are a lot of fun (Krystal, Sasha, and Jake)- how did you come up with them?
I named Krystal choosing to spell it with a K because she’s so not the normal teenage girl. My daughter came up with the other names. I have a book of a thousand baby names that I like to use when I write or sometimes I watch the credits as a movie is going off and get an idea.
3. Other than reading and writing, what are some of your hobbies and other interests?
I collect salt and pepper shakers—I know, boring right. LOL I also really love to watch old black and white movies or a series that’s no longer on primetime television that I can buy the DVDs and watch all the episodes back to back.
4. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
5. What has been the best response to your series you have gotten from a reader(s)?
When a reader says they can relate to one of the characters, that they’ve either felt the same way or gone through a similar experience—not the supernatural part of course. But I really feel like I’ve done a good job when one of my characters touches a reader in a personal way.
I have a Mystyx prize pack to giveaway to one lucky winner- a signed copy of Mayhem, Mystyx swag, and other summertime goodies!
Fill out THIS FORM to be entered.
US Only. Ends July 16.