1. What was your initial reaction to Nick the first time you met him?
Well, I’ve known Nick since we were in grade school. So to be honest, I’m pretty sure that the first time I met him, he and Stevie were taking turns tasting paste. (Although they might have been doing that last week, too.)
2. Do you know if your parents ever considered naming you something else? And if you could change your name to anything else what would you choose?
I don’t know if my parents ever thought of another name for me. I know it was my mother who decided to name me Eden; she liked that she had come up with an unusual way to give me a biblical name. I can’t imagine having a different name; I’m used to being Eden.
3. Most teenagers would hate to have to wear a school uniform. Do you like it or wish you could just wear your tank top and jeans?
I don’t mind the uniform. I think of it as a fashion challenge: how can I make this outfit my own while still staying within the parameters of the school dress code? It’s tough – they even have rules about what shoes we can wear. We’re not allowed to wear shoes without backs, because years ago a girl wearing clogs fell down the school stairs. It makes me put a lot more thought into my accessories.
4. I understand you like to read non-fiction books. What has been the most interesting fact or piece of information you've come across in your reading?
My favorite thing about non-fiction is learning the stories behind the ones that we learn at school. I usually end up sympathizing with the women who have traditionally been painted as the “bad” guys. Anne Boleyn and Marie Antoinette are my favorites, and they’re endlessly interesting if you ask me.
5. Do you wish you had a sibling? Or do you like being an only child?
I don’t mind being an only child; though come to think of it, it might be nice to have someone else around who knows just how crazy my parents are. But on the other hand, I wouldn’t wish their parenting style on anyone else!
Thanks so much Eden and Alyssa! The book officially releases on May 10th, so be sure to pick up a copy then!
I am also hosting a giveaway for two copies of The Lucky KInd! US Only. Ends May 15.
*Comments are appreciated and loved, but to be officially entered in the giveaway you must fill out the form linked below!
Fill out THIS FORM to enter!