1. Do you put parts of yourself or people you know into your characters?
Not character traits so much, but I do pull scenarios out of my real life and drop them into the book sometimes. In Desires of the Dead, there’s a situation between Chelsea and her boyfriend that I actually stole from my daughter’s relationship with her boyfriend because I thought it was hilarious. I’m not sure he knows it’s in the book yet, but he will soon enough!
2. If you had a "special ability" what would it be?
3. What other YA character would Violet like to spend the day with?
Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games. I love a tough girl!
4. What book have you read lately that you can't help but keep recommending?
5. Being an author must be an amazing experience. Has there been one thing a fan has said to you that's stood out the most?
That’s tough, but the one thing that stands out most was when a reader had a Body Finder themed birthday party, cake and all. That was one of the coolest moments I’ve had!