1. In what ways do you relate to Emmi?
I think that Emmi is the athlete I always wanted to be. And I love that she isn't a perfect, sweet, happy patient. She gets cranky and frustrated and I have a feeling I might act the same way in that situation (as much as I'd love to think I'd be perfect and sweet...)
2. Did you have to do any research on heart transplants before writing Change of Heart?
I did a lot of research. My husband is a cardiologist who takes care of patients waiting for heart transplants, so luckily must of the medical information was as easy as asking questions at the dinner table. But I also spoke to many transplant recipients to make sure I made Emmi's experience authentic.
3. What was your reaction to seeing your cover for the first time? Did you have any ideas of what you'd like it to look like before hand?
I had no idea what the cover was going to be like. And I'm pretty bad at that type of visualization. I was trying to figure out what a photo cover might look like, but I think they did a nice job.
4. If you only had 24 hours to
Okay, assuming I could have superpowers and/or unlimited money to get me around the world, I would:
1. Visit the
2. Sit on the beach and read a book
3. Have a slice of White Chocolate Mousse Pie
4. Bike along a beautiful, flat river and then kayak a bit, too.
5. Hug and kiss my kids and my husband again and again and again.
5. Name five of your favorite books!
1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
2. A Tree Grows in
3. Cheaper by the Dozen by Ernestine Gilbreth Carey and Frank Gilbreth, Jr.
4. Are You There God, It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
5. Absolutely anything by Sarah Dessen
I have a copy of Change of Heart to giveaway to one lucky winner!
Ends December 24
Fill out THIS FORM to enter.