Sunday, July 25, 2010

Interview:Tricia Rayburn


  1. In what ways do you relate to Vanessa?

    Like Vanessa, who’s afraid of many things, I have a few fears myself. I’m not a huge fan of heights, flying, or the dark, and I recently developed a fear of all creatures of the deep, which actually helped inspire the idea for Siren.

  1. Do you have a favorite scene in Siren?

    I love the scene in which Vanessa and Simon find a certain seductress with a certain boy in the middle of the woods, because it serves as an important catalyst in their relationship. And I also love when they’re looking for Simon’s missing brother in Camp Heroine, an abandoned, former top-secret WWII military base, and make a terrifying discovery.

  1. If you could befriend Vanessa with any YA character, who would it be and why?

    Katniss from The Hunger Games is pretty hard-core, and though Vanessa’s tougher than she realizes, I think she could learn a thing or two from such an accomplished fighter!

  1. What is the best book you have read recently?

    The Help by Kathryn Stockett. The characters, the voice, the story, the dialogue—all worked together to keep me turning pages as quickly as possible!

  1. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would it be and why?

    Greece! I’d love to see the Parthenon in person.


--
Thanks so much, Tricia!

Click here to visit Tricia's website.

3 comments:

  1. Katniss is amazing! And I loved The Help too! Great interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I'm so afraid of many things, too. LOL! I can't wait to read Siren, which I hope to get here as faster as possible! *PLEASE, MR. MAILMAN!* Hahaha. Awesome interview! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute dog and a great interview! I would want to go to Greece too. Siren is now on my to read list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, so feel free to leave your thoughts :)