Monday, March 15, 2010

Author Appreciation Week Post #1




I love Heidi's idea for an Author Appreciation Week and am really excited to showcase some of my favorite authors this week :)

So without further ado here are today's two authors:


Diana Peterfreund, Rampant

Diana's YA novel, Rampant impacted me a lot. I'd been reading a lot of so-so novels and then BAM Rampant reminded me how amazing YA lit can be. Her writing style is unique and original and the plot of Rampant was OMG good.

I experienced a wide range of emotions while reading Rampant and in the end the one thing I can say is- I'm Team Unicorn!


Ally Carter, Gallagher Girl series & Heist Society

Ally Carter is a phenomenal and inspiring writer. She creates amazing female leads- Cammie and Kat- two of my all time favorite main characters and writes exciting, edge-of-your-seat reads.

I love the Gallagher Girl books and was extremely excited to read her newest release Heist Society. I was not disappointed. Her writing is amazing and her unique plots make me want more kick-butt, spy books in the YA genre!

--

These two authors are some of my favorites. I highly recommend checking out their books asap! :)

5 comments:

  1. Great choices! Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read Peterfreund yet, but I have Rampant on my shelf. I plan to read it this week, and then post about it during Unicorns week. :-)

    GO TEAM UNICORN!!

    And yay for Ally Carter, another author I have yet to read but am dying to get to.

    Great choices for expanding the TBR :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a huge list of Authors I appreciate and I wont post them till April though. It's a surprise

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Heist Society, or Carter's other series. I have read Peterfruend's books, and I loved them.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, so feel free to leave your thoughts :)