Thursday, November 26, 2009

2010 Debut Author Challenge!

What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?
  • The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year. I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels.
  • Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.
  • The challenge will run from January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!
Hosted by The Story Siren, this challenge sounds awesome. I was already planning on reading a bunch of 2010 debut author releases, so I can't wait to get started!

Bold: Read already!
Italics: Own!
Normal: Want to read

  1. A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker
  2. The Line by Teri Hall
  3. The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubard
  4. Dirty Little Secrets by CJ Omololu
  5. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
  6. The Naughty List by Suzanne Young
  7. Queen of Secrets by Jenny Meyerhoff
  8. Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis
  9. Beautiful Dead: Book One- Jonas by Eden Maguire
  1. The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
  2. The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
  3. The Mark by Jen Nadol
  4. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
  5. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
  6. Forget Her Nots by Amy Brecount-White
  7. Princess For Hire by Lindsay Leavitt
  8. The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride
  9. Every Little Thing in the World by Nina de Gramont
  10. Sea by Heidi R. Kling
  1. Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly
  2. Mistwood by Leah Cypess
  3. Other by Karen Kincey
  4. Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
  5. Shadow Hills by Anatasia Hopcus
I'm hoping to read at least 25, so the list should grow and change throughout the year!

7 comments:

  1. This is a really good list! I'm hoping to read about 12+ if I can manage it :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the list you made!
    Have fun reading the books you have on there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great list. I have a feeling pretty much all of those will be on my list too. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing this challenge too. Can't wait to start it. There's so many great debut novels coming out next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Thanks for joining the challenge! It's going to be so much fun! And what a great list! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing Suzanne and Heidi rocking these lists!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for including Shadow Hills! I'm just elated every time I see that someone wants to read my baby! (Yes, I am far too emotionally attached to my book.)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, so feel free to leave your thoughts :)