What is the 2010 Debut Author Challenge?
- The objective is to read a set number of YA (Young Adult) or MG (Middle Grade) novels from debut authors published this year. I'm going to challenge everyone to read at least 12 debut novels! I’m hoping to read at least 30! You don’t have to list your choices right away, but if you do feel free to change them throughout the year. I will also be focusing on mostly Young Adult novels.
- Anyone can join, you don’t need a blog to participate. If you don’t have a blog you can always share your views by posting a review on Amazon.com/BarnesandNoble.com/GoodReads/Shelfari, or any other bookish site.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010. You can join at anytime!
Hosted by The Story Siren, this challenge sounds awesome. I was already planning on reading a bunch of 2010 debut author releases, so I can't wait to get started!
Bold: Read already!
Normal: Want to read
I'm hoping to read at least 25, so the list should grow and change throughout the year!
- A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker
- The Line by Teri Hall
- The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubard
- Dirty Little Secrets by CJ Omololu
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- The Naughty List by Suzanne Young
- Queen of Secrets by Jenny Meyerhoff
- Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis
- Beautiful Dead: Book One- Jonas by Eden Maguire
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
- The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
- The Mark by Jen Nadol
- The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
- The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
- Forget Her Nots by Amy Brecount-White
- Princess For Hire by Lindsay Leavitt
- The Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride
- Every Little Thing in the World by Nina de Gramont
- Sea by Heidi R. Kling
- Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly
- Mistwood by Leah Cypess
- Other by Karen Kincey
- Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
- Shadow Hills by Anatasia Hopcus