Friday, July 31, 2009

Friday Finds


This week I've found quite a few books I can't wait to read:

Exclusively Chloe by J.A. Yang

"Chloe-Grace can’t help it—she’s spectacular. How could she not be with celebrity parents who have been the queen and king of Hollywood for years? And Chloe is a celebrity all unto herself as well— she’s the first celebrity-adopted kid in Hollywood. But now Chloe’s sixteen, and she is tired of every undesired moment of the world’s attention. She wonders what it would be like to be a “normal” kid in a regular school. To really understand it, though, she would need to go undercover. So after getting a “make-under” at the hands of her mother’s fabulous stylist, she enters the “real” world. But she soon finds out that there is just as much drama there as there is in Hollywood…." Summary Courtesy of Amazon

This book looks so good. At first it just seems like another celebrity kid, "oh my life is so awful... not," kind of book, but it seems like Chloe is just a normal girl with
an amazing life. I love the cover, too. I can't wait to get my hands on this book!



Unclaimed Heart by Kim Wilkins

"The rules for a young English woman in 1799 are simple: Do what you’re told; stay out of the way; and don’t, under any circumstances, ask questions.

But Constance Blackchurch is insatiable, headstrong, and complex; and the quest to find her missing mother is too much to resist…

…as is Alexandre Sans-Nom, the pearl diver who steals her heart, uproots all of her social expectations, and can either ruin or save the family she loves." Summary Courtesy of Amazon

Unclaimed Heart looks amazing.
I saw it when I was in Barnes and Noble a few weeks ago, but didn't have enough money to get it, I've been wanting to read it ever since. I love historical fiction and romance, too and this looks like it has it all. Constance looks like she'll be a strong female lead character like Jacky in the Bloody Jack series, which I love. Definitely going to buy this book soon!


Me, My Elf, and I by Heather Swain

"It’s not often you see an elf in the middle of Brooklyn, let alone a tall, blond, gorgeous elf in the middle of one of the most prestigious performing arts high schools in the country. And yet, that’s just where Zephyr Addler finds herself: smack dab in the middle of a bustling New York City school, worlds away from the secluded woodland community she knows so well. But Zephyr knows that she has to figure out how to live in the world. And dress in the world. Thanks to a little friendly advice from her new friend Mercedes, Zephyr starts to get the hang of Brooklyn. That is, until Zephyr snags a role in a commercial, beating out the most popular girl in school, Bella Dartagnan. Now with Bella and her friends out to get her, can Zephyr out-maneuver the mean girls (and catch the eye of a certain cute boy) without losing herself?" Summary Courtesy of Amazon

I bought this book a few days ago, when the cute cover caught my eye at Barnes and Noble. After reading the back cover I thought it seemed like a good book. I mean how many books about elves are there? I've had a lot of other books to read, so I still haven't gotten around to reading this, but it looks so good, I can't wait.



4 comments:

  1. Great finds this week! Hey, I'm running a new thing on my blog about new bloggers. If you're interested in being interviewed and spotlighted on my blog, please let me know at bittahsweetharmony@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to reading Unclaimed Heart.
    Nice blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That elf book sounds really cute!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, so feel free to leave your thoughts :)