Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday: Books By My Favorite Authors I Still Haven't Read

Book 1: US AGAINST YOU by Fredrick Backman - I have loved every book I've read by Backman. They are at times heartbreaking and uplifting, but the most powerful part of his stories is the characters. Every single one leaps off the page. This is the sequel to BEARTOWN which was at times difficult to read because of the subject matter, but I know I need to see how things play out for all of the characters. 

Book 2: PAPER TOWNS by John Green- I know I am so behind on this one! I've only recently started reading more of Green's books, so I am looking forward to getting to PAPER TOWNS. 

Book 3: TO ALL THE BOYS I'VE LOVED BEFORE by Jenny Han- Jenny Han's Summer series was one of my favorites in high school and now with the popularity of the Netflix movie I know I need to read this one!

Book 4: A GENTLEMAN IN MOSCOW by Amor Towles- RULES OF CIVILITY was one of my favorite books of the year already and so I know I need to read this one soon. Towles has a unique and engaging writing style and I enjoy historical fiction that brings the time to life. 

Book 5: ISAAC's STORM by Erik Larson- I have read all of Erik Larson's books but this one! My first read was DEVIL IN THE WHITE CITY and my most recent was DEAD WAKE. Highly recommend Larson. This book in particular is about a storm I'm not too familiar with, so I'm looking forward to checking it out. 

Book 6: TRULY DEVIOUS by Maureen Johnson - Maureen Johnson was one of my favorite authors throughout high school and it's been several years since I've read anything by her. TRULY DEVIOUS sounds like an exciting murder mystery and is the start to a new series. 13 LITTLE BLUE ENVELOPES was actually one of the first YA books I remember reading, so I am excited to see what's new for Maureen Johnson.

Book 7: THE HYPNOTIST'S LOVE STORY by Liane Moriarty - Liane Moriarty's popularity escalated with the release of the Big Little Lies tv show on HBO. I admit that is when I jumped on the Moriarty train and I have since read all but one of her published books. I have this one on my shelf and look forward to reading it this fall.

Book 8: LILY OF THE NILE by Stephanie Dray - LILY OF THE NILE appeals to me for two reasons. The first being that two of the best books I read this year were by Stephanie Dray, stories about Patsy Jefferson and Eliza Hamilton. The other reason is that I am currently reading CLEOPATRA'S DAUGHTER by Michelle Moran and am loving it. I would love to read more about this family.


Book 9: EMMA by Jane Austen - Jane Austen is legendary and I have a huge book that contains all of her published works. I recently read SENSE AND SENSIBILITY and loved it. I also have read PRIDE AND PREJUDICE several times. EMMA is next on my list.

Book 10: VOYAGER by Diana Gabaldon - I devoured the first two books in the Outlander series and am eager to see how Jamie and Claire's story continues. This book is also waiting on my shelf and I hope to read it soon. These books are long, but extremely engaging.

**************

Have you read any of these?

Top Ten Tuesday Is Hosted By: The Artsy Reader Girl 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments, so feel free to leave your thoughts :)