Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Review: We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han

It's been two years since Conrad told Belly to go with Jeremiah. She and Jeremiah have been inseparable ever since, even attending the same college-- only, their relationship hasn't exactly been the happily ever after Belly had hoped it would be. And when Jeremiah makes the worst mistake a boy can make, Belly is forced to question what she thought was true love. Does she really have a future with Jeremiah? Has she ever gotten over Conrad? It's time for Belly to decide, once and for all, who has her heart forever.
Review:

This book was the PERFECT ending to one of my all time favorite series. It had me laughing and crying and frantically reading to find out how things were going to end up for Belly. I think what I love most about Jenny Han's Summer series is that the characters are all so real and well developed. After getting to know and love Belly, Conrad, Jeremiah, and the rest during The Summer I Turned Pretty and It's Not Summer Without You I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen to them in We'll Always Have Summer. This novel was full of surprises, but was a beautiful and satisfying conclusion to the trilogy.

Belly and Jeremiah have been together for two years and even attend the same college. Belly hasn't heard from Conrad and she feels as though things are finally falling into place. The young girl from The Summer I Turned Pretty has grown up a lot and matured quite a bit. It was so great watching Belly grow up and by the time I started reading this book I felt like I knew her personally. Unfortunately, things aren't running perfectly smoothly for Belly and Jeremiah and Belly is forced to make some tough decisions. Is Jeremiah really the one for her? Does Conrad still have a place in her heart? Belly and the readers are forced to ask these questions and more as the book progresses.

Jenny Han has a fantastic writing style and I had a hard time putting this down once I'd started it. I also really liked that some chapters from other points of view were thrown in.

All in all, this was a satisfying and beautifully done ending to one fantastic series. I highly recommend this to anyone who has read the first two books in the series. I will really miss Belly and the Fisher boys, but I can't wait to see what's next for Jenny!

Overall: 5 out of 5 stars

Source: Publisher (hardcover)

**Also, check back later for a special giveaway for a copy of We'll Always Have Summer and Moonglass!

14 comments:

  1. Such an amazing series! I was sooo thrilled with the way Jenny finished the books and how she went about them. Love these books

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! for sharing this great review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this series, and I think the books got better as the series went along. Perfect ending!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! I'm glad you thought that this was a satisfying conclusion to the trilogy. I so need to catch up with the second book soon, I'm curious to see how it will all end :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed The Summer I Turned Pretty!(:
    All of the characters were really down to earth and relate-able!:D
    I hope the rest of the series is just as awesome!

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. To be honest, I had to skim the review. I haven't read any of the series yet, so I didn't want to spoil anything. I have been hearing wonderful things about it though, so I definitely want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this series and I've yet to read this one, though, but I'm glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any of the books in this series but they do sound interesting. Belly is an unusual name. Is her name really Isabella and she jsut has an odd nickname? Glad you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds great! I just started the series, and I'm glad it ends on a good note.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not read this series. Thanks for introducing it to me. I am going to have to add it to my list. Thanks for the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you liked the book so much. I loved the first book in the series, liked the second, and struggled somewhat with the third one. However, Han remains one of my favorite authors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a nice review I really liked it can't wait to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read this series yet, but it sounds really intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments, so feel free to leave your thoughts :)